photo block

Saturday, October 5, 2013

the new shoes



Well, here they are. They're not quite as blue as they seem in the picture. But they're light and low (heel) and make your feet do a little extra work in the practice of natural human running form. My ankles and calves were sore after our first run - a few miles. I've still not gone beyond that distance in them although I've taken them out on several of those. I think my feet/legs are probably ready for something a little longer in them. 

The quest for 1000 miles in the old shoes has slowed considerably as all my short runs have been in the new ones and I've been sick/resting/tired/etc. But there'll be a great before-and-after photo and celebratory post when we reach that milestone… 

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Those look wicked fast! Definitely hear you on the sick/resting/tired/etc.
Maybe a night out to celebrate the milestone?

mindful mule said...

Kristina - we should celebrate the old shoes and the new shoes in the usual manner - Mountains and Margaritas Without End...